Monday, March 24, 2014

Why is this here?

Hello all,

Someone once told me that an expert is someone who uses jargon without realizing that they're doing it. I don't really consider myself an expert in the field of localization, but I might just fit that definition. I find myself talking about alignments, TM updates, segmentation, concatenation, character encodings and formatting, and I'm sure that some people look at me like I'm speaking a foreign language. Still, I don't know everything, and I don't know that I ever will.

I do see things, though, and I want to share some of them. This is the place that I've chosen to do that. I know that, as of writing this, this blog only has two followers, one comment, total, but who knows? Maybe someday someone will see something that will help them. Until then, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing.

My rough schedule for updating this blog is the first and third Saturdays of the month, which makes this post over a week behind. The next scheduled blog post, which should happen on April 5, will be another tool review. I'm planning on making a special post, though, this coming Saturday, about the trends that I've seen in the industry and my thoughts on those trends.

Until then, keep localizing!
-Dale

No comments:

Post a Comment